Sunday, May 27, 2012

One-Way Love, For You Do Not Know - Original Poem

I can't watch you go,
Yet stopping you would be wrong.
I love you too much to see you leave,
You don't even know of my feelings for you.
I love you!
That should mean so much,
But I have not the guts to say it to your face.
If only you could read this
And know it was wrote for you.
I do not want the wrong person to think, though,
That this was meant for them.
I do not think you will read this,
And even if you do,
I have kept my feelings decently hidden,
So I suppose the last few encounters...
They will have to do.
After all,
You will be gone soon,
I have no doubt of that.
Many big plans fill your mind,
Plans to better the world and to create something new.
You draw the houses so well,
Your hand writing says more than just words,
And although you seem not to know,
I have recently learned,
Just how much I love you.
Love is a strong word,
That I know.
Yet I still use it because I believe it is true.
You have always drawn my attention.
Unique, kind, and understanding.
You have patience so many seem to lack.
Uncaring about what others will think,
You do what you want,
Do not let the world judge you.
And for that,
I love you.
Or I should say I love you more.
I want you to know,
But my courage lacks,
So I guess all I can now do
Is hope you learn of my feelings...
Before it is too late.
And too late approaches soon,
Like the morning rays,
They start slowly,
Then before you know it,
They are high above you and the time rushes past.
I believe that is how time has become.
My senior year approaches,
Yours draws to an end.
You plan for college,
Somewhere far from near.
What can I do now?
I believe I can do little...
Wish the best for you and hope you achieve greatness,
Knowing you have it in you,
Believing by what I have already seen,
That greatness is not far off,
Just as our time together -
Without really being together,
Grows to a close.
Farewell is coming soon and I dread it's appearance,
But I have to stay strong through it.
'There will be another' I remind myself half-heartedly.
Yet for now you appear to be the one,
The one I want so badly to be with.
I love you,
I almost wrote your name.
That is how much I want you to know.
But you never will.

~Alyssa Hellenbrand~

1 comment:

  1. wow, you really like him don't you? Don't worry Alyssa If it's meant to work out it will.I think he's already giving you hints and if you give him hints back I really think he'll understand and don't be afraid it's okay to show him what your feeling.

    ReplyDelete